The choices we make at mealtime influence our mood. Although we seek refuge in a hamburger, a pizza or a liter of ice cream after a bad day, these foods do not help to improve our mood, but on the contrary accentuate the bad day.
These foods are way to processed, fried, full of refined sugars or excess milk can increase your rate of anxiety and depression.
• Sugary or dietary drinks are linked to depression, not only because of their large doses of sugar but also because of caffeine levels.
• White bread toasts are another example of foods that do not help with our mood. The flours used are highly processed, which when consumed convert a sugar. This means that you can quickly give a sugar rush, but at the same time a fall of it.
• Ketchup or ketchup is full of artificial flavors and sugars.
• Caffeine can create a dependency, so better to consume in small portions.
But just as we find this type of food that causes you anxiety or depression, we also find others that help you improve your mood, feel good, happy.
• Green leaves like Kale or spinach. They help fight inflammation. According to a study published in 2015 by JAMA Psychiatry, it tells us that depression is related to brain inflammation.
• Nuts and almonds. These have a large amount of Omega-3, which is proven to be food for the brain.
• Avocados contain good fats that like nuts, almonds and nuts are foods for the brain.
• Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries are the fruits with more antioxidants. Antioxidants help us repair cells and prevent diseases including cancer.
• Mushrooms help us regulate the level of blood sugar. At the same time they act like probiotics, bringing the body good bacteria.
• Tomatoes also help you fight the symptoms of depression by helping us to be happier thanks to their high levels of folic acid.
• Beans to be happy, well that’s what they say. What is true is that they are included in diabetic diets. They can also help remove those cravings for heavy carbohydrates.
• Apples and more apples. As well as blackberries, strawberries, etc. apples contain a high level of antioxidants.
• Red wine, a dram occasionally. Studies show that red wine helps heart health and reduces risk of depression.
• Eggs. These also contain Omega3, Zinc, vitamin B among others. There are also studies that say that eating eggs at breakfast helps lower and maintain weight.
I hope this article helps you to know a little about the foods that can improve or change your mood. It is important to take care of ourselves.